What we offer
Enel X offers an innovative service called Demand Response that allows commercial and industrial consumers to access the dispatching services market (MSD) by modulating their own energy consumption, with the aim of meeting electricity supply/demand peaks, thereby allowing for greater flexibility and network stability. The capacity offered to the market, especially if it features a high degree of flexibility and is managed in an aggregate form, takes on significant systemic and economic importance for consumers.
The typical flow of Demand Response
1. The transport system operator foresees a problem with grid stability and requests the issue of a balancing order from the aggregator.
2. The aggregator modulates the load and/or generation of its client portfolio to increase or decrease the use of energy.
3. The clients implement (manually or automatically) the modulation plans.
4. The load decrease or increase is used by the grid operator (Terna).
5. The clients receive compensation for any modulation carried out.
Who is the Demand Response service for?
The Demand Response service offered by Enel X is for commercial and industrial customers belonging to different product sectors. In fact, the size of the site is irrelevant, as even smaller-sized customers can participate when managed in an aggregate manner.
The Demand Response service offered by Enel X makes it possible to:
- Access a new source of profit that never existed until now by participating in the dispatching services market (MSD);
- Become an active participant within the national electricity system;
- Enhance your own power generation system to be able to modulate;
- Have improved opportunities to enhance your consumption resources;
- Be more aware of the intrinsic flexibility of your industrial process;
- Participate in a more sustainable system from an environmental point of view.
It is important to know that in order to participate in the Demand Response program, you do not have to interrupt consumption, but must guarantee a certain degree of modulation.
Which are the types of offer?
Enel X's commercial offer is customised according to the characteristics of each individual customer. The remuneration scheme envisaged by the UVAC pilot project set up by Terna currently includes two items:
- A fixed remuneration which is directly proportional to the capacity awarded through an auction;
- A variable remuneration deriving from operations within the MSD (Dispatching Services Market).
Why choose Enel X's Demand Response?
We are the world's leading Demand Response operator, present in 11 countries and with more than 6,000 MW of flexible capacity managed, coming from more than 14,000 commercial and industrial sites.
We have a team which is exclusively dedicated to supporting customers in the collection of the technical material necessary for identifying the most suitable industrial processes for power modulation, perform a standard preliminary analysis on the main features of the site concerned, followed by a more in-depth analysis of the industrial processes involved in order to identify the individual flexible loads.
We use a technologically advanced smart platform to manage the Demand Response services that uses advanced algorithms able to select the optimal technical/economic solution, thereby offering the customer maximum revenue and the network operator maximum security.
We manage the service with an operations centre available 7 days a week, 365 days a year, as well as automated notification services for balancing-order reception via SMS/email and a dedicated application.
How to request the service
To request further information or directly request the service, please fill in the online form. Our experts are available to explain the service and answer all of your questions.