Enel X offers an innovative service called Demand Response which enables commercial and industrial consumers to access the dispatching services market (MSD, or “Mercato Servizi Dispacciamento”) by modulating their own energy consumption. This has the objective of meeting peaks in electricity supply or demand, and hence enabling greater flexibility and grid stability. The contribution to the modulation may come from a reduction in consumption or from an increase in the production of any assets. The capacity offered to the market, especially if it's characterised by a high degree of flexibility and is managed on an aggregated basis, assumes significant systemic and economic importance for consumers.
The regulatory context
In Italy, as is the case in most other European countries, the relevant body (ARERA, the Italian Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment) has initiated a gradual process of opening the market towards demand, non-relevant generation and storage solutions, through the issue of dedicated resolutions and the organisation, by Terna, of pilot projects (UVAC - Aggregate Virtual Consumption Units, UVAP - Aggregate Virtual Production Units, UVAM - Aggregate Virtual Mixed Units).
The typical DR flow
- Terna, as the grid operator responsible for managing the national electricity system and ensuring it remains stable (thereby making it the “user” of the flexibility), notifies the aggregator of the necessity for a balancing order when a grid stability problem occurs;
- The aggregator Enel X, also referred to as the BSP (Balance Service Provider), is responsible for the performance of the service offered on the MSD. It modulates the load and/or generation of its client portfolio to increase or decrease the use of energy;
- The clients, who can provide flexibility to the BSP through their facilities or parts of them, implement (either manually or automatically) the modulation plans;
- The reduction or increase in the load is used by the grid operator;
- The clients receive remuneration for any modulation implemented.
Who is the Demand Response service aimed at?
The Demand Response service offered by Enel X is aimed at commercial and industrial clients operating in a variety of sectors. Even smaller clients are able to take part, regardless of the size of their site, since they can do so when managed in an aggregate form.
The Demand Response service offered by Enel X offers the following advantages:
- access to a new income source, which didn't previously exist, through taking part in the MSD;
- the opportunity to become an active player in the national electricity system;
- the possibility to benefit further from your own electricity generation system by feeding additional energy into the network or by reducing consumption;
- more opportunities to derive benefits from your consumable resources;
- increased awareness of the intrinsic flexibility of your industrial process;
- being part of a more environmentally sustainable system.
It's important to understand that taking part in the Demand Response scheme doesn't require an interruption in consumption, it's just necessary to ensure a certain degree of modulation.
Which types of offer are there?
Enel X's commercial offer is customised to match the characteristics of each individual client. The remuneration structure offered by the UVAM pilot project established by Terna currently consists of two elements:
- fixed remuneration, directly proportional to the capacity made available for modulation, awarded via an auction;
- variable remuneration, derived from movements on the MSD.
Why choose Enel X's Demand Response?
We are a global Demand Response operator, and the leader in our field in Italy. We’re established in 15 countries and manage over 6,000 MW of flexible capacity from more than 15,000 commercial and industrial sites.
- We have a team exclusively dedicated to providing support to clients in gathering the technical material necessary for identifying the industrial processes most suitable for power modulation, and in conducting a standard preliminary analysis on the principal characteristics of the site in question. This is then followed by a more in-depth analysis of the industrial processes involved so as to identify the individual flexible loads.
- In order to manage the Demand Response services we use a technologically advanced intelligent platform which utilises advanced algorithms capable of determining the optimal technical/economic solution. This maximises revenue for the client, in addition to ensuring maximum security for the network operator.
The service is managed via an operations centre available 7 days a week, 365 days a year, with automated notification services for receiving balancing orders via text/e-mail and a dedicated application.
How to request the service
To request further information please fill in the form on the right.
|% Materials||% di riciclo a fine vita|
|Elettronica ABB contatore ALGO2||6,5 %|
|Componenti elettriche||2,6 %|
|Circuito Stampato||0,7 %||12 %|
|PPC||0,5 %||7 %|