Greener public buildings
Enel X’s expertise in developing and implementing energy efficiency solutions can also be applied to public administration buildings.
Schools, sports centres, hospitals, public offices are just a few examples of the kind of facilities that can benefit from this new package of solutions. It will offer:
- Consumption monitoring using computerised energy management systems
- Significant savings on energy consumption
- A reduction in city pollution
- A more functional environment for citizens and employees and a series of value-added public services
- Access, where possible, to the new flexibility market (better known as demand response), which involves active participation in the grid and generates extra income that can be invested in further services to benefit citizens.
Enel X helps municipal authorities make the transition towards sustainability and clean energy use by integrating traditional technologies with advanced energy management systems and the Internet of Things.
The main purpose of the portfolio of solutions Enel has developed is to use a range of systems to improve the performance of installations and monitor consumption by, for example, replacing existing lighting with LED systems inside and outside buildings, modernising heating with systems using renewable resources like solar energy or heat pumps and using thermal insulation to avoid wasting heat.
Areas of application
The Enel X package of solutions to boost the energy efficiency of public buildings can be used in a variety of environments:
Resources for your city
Find out how to use Enel X's energy as efficiently as possible