Technology is a fundamental part of any strategy for businesses to save money on energy bills by becoming more sustainable through energy efficiency. When thinking about sustainability, the first question that comes to mind is often “How much will this cost?”. Sustainability is not necessarily a direct business cost. Along with social and environmental benefits, sustainability can help deliver bottom-line economic savings from making your operations more efficient. Different ways to become sustainable include:
- Reducing and making energy use more efficient
- Self-producing and storing clean energy (with things like Solar PV and Battery Storage), to reduce and eliminate carbon emissions
- Adopting models of circular economy
- Paying more attention to energy sources
Reducing and moving toward more efficient energy consumption has moved to the top of the list, because it means saving money on energy bills at a time when prices are rising or protecting your business from sudden spikes in energy costs. This could be realized by joining Enel X’s Virtual Power Plant and participating in the energy market via Taiwan Power Company’s Energy Trading Platform.
Don’t let sustainability be the last item on your check-list, use it to help you save today.
- Learn more about how Taipei 101 practices sustainability by joining our VPP: https://bit.ly/3PI7nKb