Understand the city to manage the city
In a world increasingly immersed in the digital transformation, the challenge now is to organise and manage the huge quantity of constantly changing data and information available to us, to improve cities to ensure they meet the real needs of their citizens and public authorities.
City Analytics is a family of Big Data processing-centred digital solutions designed specifically to support public authorities in planning public services and optimising urban infrastructure.
City Analytics solutions enable public authorities to:
- Discover the real demand for services and infrastructure
- Take decisions based on updated data and statistics
- Visualise data using interactive maps and graphics, which will enhance communication and collaboration between the relevant professionals
The analyses are based on anonymous aggregate data from connected vehicles, navigation maps and systems, such as geolocation data from the public authority’s own open data and mobile apps.
All the information and data used in the analysis is gathered and processed in strict compliance with current data privacy regulations.
By visualising urban mobility dynamics, such as the distribution of people present in the city’s various census areas, studying the origins and destinations of flows between the different areas and estimating the number of residents, commuters and tourists, “City Analytics – People Mobility” provides practical support to public authorities that aim to optimise planning in sectors such as:
- Public transport
- The study of infrastructure positioning
- Targeted communications and urban advertising
Historic and real-time data on traffic present across the entire urban road network categorised according to commercial and private vehicle flows, average speed data and the occurrence of unusual events enable the transport of both people and goods to be planned and monitored to ensure efficiency and safety.
Some examples of how data can be used:
- To identify critical points in traffic patterns
- To create historic data-based models to predict future behaviours
- To pinpoint traffic congestion in real time and rapidly implement the necessary measures
Road Surface Quality
To support the planning of road resurfacing work, City Analytics – Road Surface Quality will pinpoint irregularities in the road surface and use the International Roughness Index (IRI) to classify the level of road unevenness, for all streets and roads up to M5 level.
It will also geolocate any potholes and bumps.
The aforementioned readings make the following possible:
- Identification of stretches of road that require maintenance work
- Cross-referencing this data with traffic indexes to establish priorities for road resurfacing work
- Improved sat nav systems to benefit city residents and visitors alike
Resources for your city
Find out how to use Enel X's energy as efficiently as possible