On March 3 2015, the Italian Government approved the Italian Strategy for Ultra-wideband with the aim of reducing Italy’s digital gap, by developing fixed and mobile telecoms infrastructure.
The goals that the Italian Strategy for Ultra-wideband have set for 2020 are as follows:
- Ultrafast broadband coverage (100 Mbps) for up to 85% of the population;
- Fast broadband coverage (30 Mbps and above) for the remainder of the population;
- Ultrafast broadband coverage (100 Mbps) for public offices and buildings (schools, hospitals, etc.), in areas of highest economic interest and population density, industrial areas, the main tourist areas and logistical hubs.
This strategy is also consistent with the European Commission’s new 2025 objectives which target widespread fibre availability to all residential users in addition to making FTTH (Fibre-To-The-Home) connections available to public administration facilities (schools, health centres, etc.) and production areas, thereby also enabling the development of 5G.
ENEL X has chosen to promote and support the digitalisation project by making the public lighting infrastructure owned by Enel Sole s.r.l. available on an equitable, transparent and non-discriminatory footing, to all operators authorised to supply telecoms networks and services which intend to develop a Fibre Optic Network on Italian territory.
Please refer to the attached documents for details of the service or contact us for further information.
The following documents can be downloaded in italian:
- General conditions of access to Enel Sole electrical infrastructure: Contains the rules, conditions and requirements for access to Enel Sole’s electrical infrastructure.
- Technical and economic regulations for access to Enel Sole’s electrical infrastructure: Contains details of the procedures and technical modalities for access to Enel Sole’s electrical infrastructure and the economic conditions attached to the various services offered. Also specifies the interaction process between Enel Sole and Telecoms Operators with regard to requests for access to the infrastructure.
- Technical norms and procedures for access to Enel Sole’s electrical infrastructure:Contains all of the technical specifications relating to the design, implementation and successive maintenance of the fibre optic network installed on Enel Sole’s electrical infrastruct
- Operating rules for the carrying out of maintenance work on the fibre optic network on Enel Sole’s electrical infrastructure: Describes the modalities and formalities involved in the management of maintenance work carried out by Operators on the Fibre Optic Network installed on Enel Sole’s electrical infrastructure.
Resources for your city
Find out how to use Enel X's energy as efficiently as possible