How does Demand Response work?
Generally speaking, a demand response event will involve the following steps:
- The grid operator predicts a grid stability problem and sends a balance notification to the aggregator
- The aggregator receives the balance order and uses special algorithms to optimise the distribution of the request between the clients in its portfolio to reduce or increase their energy consumption
- The designated client modulates their consumption/generation level (this can be done either automatically or manually)
- The load modulation is made available to the grid operator
- Following verification that the service has been correctly provided, the client receives the payment agreed at the contractual phase.