The Renewable Energy Certificate is a document attesting that the same amount of energy that a company has consumed during a given calendar year can been generated and injected into the system using non-conventional renewable power sources.
These certificates have not historically been made available to end clients in the Chilean market. They are traded between generation companies, to meet legal requirements.
They render power consumption clean, so there is a separation between the physical energy used and the green value of that electricity.
- Annual certificate (calendar year).
- Details for each consumption center.
- Includes an identification seal and an image manual to help use this feature in areas such as product marketing.
- Minimization of environmental and social impact.
- Differentiation from the competition.
- Environmental Responsibility, Social Responsibility, and Sustainability Management.
- Usage of the seal in publicity and promotion campaigns.