An energy consultant or energy advisor is a person who provides a company with the full spectrum of support in the management of all energy-related matters. They can help foster better-informed decision-making about purchasing energy by developing structured strategies for energy procurement and risk management. Our energy consultants can offer clients a number of benefits, including:
- Reductions in energy supply costs thanks to their knowledge of the market and contacts with a large number of suppliers, which can be made to compete for business
- Improved knowledge of energy markets at a lower cost than independently-managed energy procurement
- Implementation of a procurement and energy management strategy that yields long-term economic advantages
- Better command of regulatory changes, thanks to their market insights
- Ability to implement complex strategies that can significantly improve the company’s energy structure.
It's possible to perform independent energy management but it takes expertise, time and resources to do properly. Companies often turn to energy advisors because they have been impacted significantly by the cost of their energy supply, lack of knowledge about the energy markets, do not understand the complex pricing structures of retailers, or simply do not have the time to negotiate with them.
Energy consultants can provide more complex services that have higher added value, such as the possibility to self-produce energy and improvements in energy efficiency in order to meet sustainability targets and cut consumption costs.