Demand Response provides a brand new opportunity for commercial, institutional, and industrial organizations in face of the energy transition. Businesses can earn a brand new revenue stream by using flexible energy resources to support the grid and maintain reliable electricity. Effectively utilizing existing assets while improving energy efficiency is a practical action toward sustainability and adopting a circular economy business model.
What are the benefits of Demand Response?
- Maximize payments to your bottom line: Enel X manages your participation from start to finish, ensuring you earn the highest possible financial reward.
- Improve your facilities’ resilience: In addition to the payments, demand response participants also receive advanced notification of grid stability issues, enabling them to proactively protect their facilities from potential power outages.
- Support your community: Your participation helps maintain reliable electricity in your community, and helps to keep the lights on.
What can I expect during a dispatch event?
- Notification: When the grid operator anticipates high demand on the grid, it dispatches the Enel X network into action. Enel X will notify you via email, phone or SMS, depending on your preferences, to inform you when the dispatch will begin.
- Response: At the start of the dispatch, your facility will reduce its electricity usage according to your predetermined plan - either manually or automatically through our Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Support: Before, during, and after a dispatch, our NOC remains in communication with your facility. Our staff is available 24x7x365, supporting you to ensure that you achieve the highest possible levels of performance and payments.
How do I participate?
Enel X makes participation easy. We take care of the complex details so you can stay focused on running your business.
- Our expert team will work with you to identify your energy reduction potential and create a strategy that delivers maximum value with minimum impact to your operations.
- In some cases, we install necessary metering devices at your facility to establish communication with our Network Operations Center (NOC), so we can monitor your energy consumption levels in real-time.
- Your site is then enrolled and ready to respond when a dispatch begins. Our team remains on standby to support you at all times.
- Throughout the process, we fully manage enrolment, measurement, verification and payments on your behalf.
What types of energy reductions can I make?
Enel X has extensive experience creating energy reduction strategies that work within the operational limitations of a wide variety of facilities, including cold storage, manufacturing, food processing, data centers and technology companies, universities, shopping centres, office buildings and more. Common reduction examples include:
- Switch from electricity grid usage to onsite generation (BESS or backup generator)
- Modify manufacturing processes
- Adjust HVAC equipment
- Turn down pumps
- Change settings in industrial freezers
- Reduce non-essential lighting
Customers often facilitate dispatch participation by simply shifting many of their energy-intensive processes by a few hours.