Home charging: should I choose a dedicated charging station or a wall socket?
A dedicated charging station is safer and offers the customer the following extra functionalities not provided by a simple wall socket:
- Tracking consumption and cost of charges made
- Adjusting the power of the charge (e.g. reducing the power to guarantee you can use other domestic appliances at the same time)
- Remotely planning charges on the basis of hourly electricity rate or other requirements, regulatory framework permitting
- Access to real time information on charging status
- Optimisation of charging on the basis of your home photovoltaic system’s output