Circular Economy | Enel X
Enel X takes inspiration from the principles of the Circular Economy. These principles represent a new paradigm, in which the use of raw materials is reduced to a minimum, the use of renewable and secondary prime materials prevails and the solutions offered are used for as long as possible and to their greatest capacity.
The Five Pillars of the Circular Economy
The circular economy is based on five pillars which define the areas and methods of use.
Using renewable energy and renewable, recyclable or biodegradable materials in consecutive lifecycles
Design and production involving extension of the product lifecycle by companies. The value that would otherwise be lost by wasting materials and energy is retained or even enhanced by repairs, updates, regeneration or remarketing
PRODUCT AS A SERVICE
The producing company remains the owner of the asset, designed for longevity, and offers clients a service that often includes not only the use of the product but also further related benefits (training, assistance etc.)
Promoting the use of platforms for collaboration among asset users and owners to help consumers make savings and earn profit from better use of resources
END OF LIFE
Creating production and consumption systems where assets previously regarded as waste are reused as input for new processes
The Five Key Dimensions of Solutions offered by Enel X
Enel X evaluates its solutions through five key dimensions, which measure the level of circularity.
- The commitment of suppliers to the principles of the circular economy in the creation of the products and services used in the solution
- The presence of elements that facilitate the circular consumption model and incentivize its full use and reuse, thereby increasing the life cycle of the product
- Benchmarking best practices and programs to increase efficiency in the use of resources and in the phases of installation and maintenance
- Managing the end of life of individual products with innovative and sustainable methods for recovering the materials
- Encouraging and supporting the development of environmental awareness for clients and the involvement of suppliers in virtuous mechanisms to improve the performance and the environmental impact of the products and services offered