FAQ: Enel X and Salt River Project’s Business Demand Response Program
Earn Payments for Reducing Energy Consumption
|SRP Businesss Demand Response Program Details|
May 15–October 15
At least 90 minutes before every event
1–3 hours per event
Number of Dispatches
Maximum of 10 per season
Frequently Asked Questions
Demand response programs provide an opportunity for commercial, institutional, and industrial organizations to earn incentive payments while helping maintain reliable electricity. When the demand for electricity approaches critical peak levels, utilities and grid operators dispatch Enel X’s demand response network, which is made up
of local organizations that have agreed to reduce energy usage during times of high demand. Program participants earn payments for agreeing to be on standby and for curtailing electricity consumption in response to high electricity demand.
Maximize payments to your bottom line
Enel X manages your participation from start to finish, ensuring you earn the highest possible financial reward. Since 2003, our customers have earned more than $1B in payments.
Improve your facilities' resilience
In addition to the payments, demand response participants also receive advanced notification of grid stability issues, enabling them to proactively protect their facilities from potential power outages.
Support your community
Your participation helps maintain reliable electricity throughout New York and provides a clean, cost-effective alternative to building new power plants in the community.
Enel X makes participation easy. We take care of the complex details so you can stay focused on running your business.
- Our expert team will work with you to identify your energy reduction potential and create a strategy that delivers maximum value with minimum impact to your operations. We outline these measures ina detailed Energy Reduction Plan.
- In some cases, we install necessary metering devices at your facility to establish communication with our Network Operations Center (NOC), so we can monitor your energy consumption levels in real-time.
- Your site is then enrolled and ready to respond whena dispatch begins. Provided your site has Enel X metering, log into apps.enelx.com at any time duringa dispatch to view your performance in real-time. While it is expected that all dispatches will take place during the specified Program Period, there is a chance of dispatch outside of that period if SRP encounters severe capacity constraints. Should this type of dispatch occur, it would not impact your payments.
- Throughout the process, we fully manage enroll- ment, measurement, verification and payments on your behalf.
Notification: When SRP anticipates high demand on the grid, it dispatches the Enel X network into action. Enel X will notify you via email, phone or SMS, depending on your preferences, to inform you when the dispatch will begin.
Response: At the start of the dispatch, your facilitywill reduce its electricity usage according to your predetermined Energy Reduction Plan—either manually, or if requested, automatically through the NOC.
Support: Before, during, and after a dispatch, our NOC remains in communication with your facility. Our staff is available 24x7x365, supporting you to ensure that you achieve the highest possible levels of performance and payments.
Enel X has extensive experience creating energy reduction strategies that work within the operational limitations ofa wide variety of facilities, including cold storage, manufac- turing, food processing, universities, malls, office buildings and more. We can also help to implement full control systems that allow your electric load to be toggled remotely.
Common reduction examples include:
- Reduce non-essential lighting
- Modify manufacturing processes
- Adjust HVAC equipment
- Dial back pumps
- Change settings in industrial freezers
Customers often facilitate dispatch participation by simply shifting many of their energy-intensive processes by a few hours. Ask us about our experience working with customers like you.
Salt River Project - Demand Response Qualification Zone
Articles, case studies, datasheets, videos, white papers, and more.
Establishment Labs S.A. deploys first-of-its kind microgrid, integrating lithium-ion battery storage and solar PV controlled by Enel X’s Distributed Energy Network Optimization System (DEN.OS™), an intelligent software platform that optimizes how these distributed energy assets interact and perform.