Earn Payments for Reducing Energy Consumption Through Ameren Missouri’s Demand Response Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Ameren Missouri is partnering with Enel X to offer businesses and other organizations incentive payments for participating in a program to maintain a reliable and cost-effective electric grid. Energy consumers can earn payments for committing to reduce their energy consumption temporarily in response to periods of peak demand on the grid.
- Maximize payments to your bottom line: Enel X manages your participation from start to finish, ensuring you earn the highest possible financial reward, even if there are no dispatches. Since 2003, our customers have earned more than $1B in payments.
- Improve your facilities’ resilience: In addition to the payments, demand response participants also receive advanced notification of grid stability issues, enabling them to prepare proactively and protect their facilities from potential power outages.
- Reduce energy costs: Avoid costly peak demand spikes, track energy usage trends over time, and spot opportunities to better manage energy costs with our demand response application.
- Support your community: Your participation helps maintain reliable electricity in your community and can help mitigate the impact of increasing market prices on your energy bill.
Enel X makes participation easy. We take care of the complex details so you can stay focused on running your business.
- Our expert team will work with you to identify your energy reduction potential and create a strategy that delivers maximum value with minimum impact on your operations. We outline these measures in a detailed Energy Reduction Plan.
- In some cases, we install necessary metering devices at your facility to establish communication with our Network Operations Center (NOC), so we can monitor your energy consumption levels in real-time.
- Your site is then enrolled and ready to respond when a dispatch begins.
- Throughout the process, we fully manage enrollment, measurement, verification and payments on your behalf.
- Notification: When Ameren Missouri anticipates the need for support, it dispatches the Enel X network into action. Enel X will notify you via email, phone or SMS, depending on your preferences, informing you when the dispatch will begin.
- Response: At the start of the dispatch, your facility will reduce its electricity usage according to your predetermined Energy Reduction Plan—either manually, or automatically through the NOC.
- Support: Before, during and after a dispatch, the NOC remains in communication with your facility. Our staff is available 24x7x365, supporting you to ensure that you achieve the highest possible levels of performance and payments.
Enel X has extensive experience creating reduction strategies that work within the operational limitations of a wide variety of facilities, including cold storage, manufacturing, food processing, schools and universities, malls, retail, office buildings and more.
Common reduction examples include:
- Reduce non-essential lighting
- Adjust HVAC equipment
- Dial back pumps
- Change settings in industrial freezers or other refrigeration
- Modify manufacturing processes
- Start up properly-permitted back-up generation
Our customers often facilitate dispatch participation by simply shifting many of their energy-intensive processes by a few hours. Ask us about our experience working with customers like you.
Articles, case studies, datasheets, videos, white papers, and more.
Establishment Labs S.A. deploys first-of-its kind microgrid, integrating lithium-ion battery storage and solar PV controlled by Enel X’s Distributed Energy Network Optimization System (DEN.OS™), an intelligent software platform that optimizes how these distributed energy assets interact and perform.