The aim of this Enel X project was to use functional, diffuse and enveloping lighting to showcase the beauty of the town’s historic centre. Furthermore, the town hall was given a touch of colour, which can be used as an alternative to the usual white, in order to create an evocative setting for events or occasions. The system is managed via a point-to-point electronic control system to enable the flow, effects and colour to be regulated and time-controlled.
The project has led to an incredible increase of 830% in the average duration of the lighting systems and the main aspects include:
- Functional lighting in the historic centre, Piazza del Popolo and Piazza Garibaldi.
- Monument lighting for the Palazzo dei Priori, Palazzo del Capitano, Palazzo del Popolo, the building that houses the Banca di Todi headquarters and the Duomo dell’Annunziata (Todi Cathedral).
- Installation of the DALI system (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) for the management and dimming of each individual light point in the white lighting system.
- Installation of the DMX system for the lighting at the Palazzo dei Priori and for the creation of different light effects and colours.
- Lights: 19 RGBW floodlights and 42 3000 K floodlights
- Lighting type: LED
- Total installed capacity: 4 kW
- Average life expectancy of light sources: 100,000 hrs
Energy saving: 47%
Piazza del Popolo, Todi
Articles, case studies and videos to use Enel X energy in the most efficient way