Tax credits for installing heat pumps: eco-friendly heating for your condominium

One of the initiatives covered by the significant tax credits included in the EcoSismabonus is the installation of a heat pump to replace a condominium boiler. What’s more, transferring the tax credit for 65% of the value of the intervention to Enel X means only having to cover the remaining 35% of the total cost.

Installazione pompa di calore condominio - Detrazioni fiscali | Enel X

A warm, welcoming home means keeping temperatures at a pleasant level throughout the year. How can we create the perfect indoor temperature while also cutting harmful emissions and energy consumption? The answer is the heat pump, an electrical device that can generate hot air or water for heating as well as hot water for personal use.  

Heat pumps: the perfect indoor temperature

The main feature of the heat pump is that in contrast to other electrical units like resistance heaters or boilers (which use electricity to produce heat directly), it only uses a small amount of electricity to absorb heat from a cold source like the outside air or groundwater. Heat pumps are among the energy efficiency initiatives that qualify for significant incentives granted by Ecosismabonus, part of Italy’s most recent Budget package.   

Ecosismabonus: tax incentives and the possibility to transfer tax credit

Replacing an old, polluting boiler with a new heat pump that is doubtless more eco-friendly and economical will enable users to benefit from significant tax credits.  Increasing a condominium’s energy efficiency by installing a latest-generation heating and cooling system that reduces energy consumption and harmful emissions will not only provide greater comfort in summer and winter, it will also qualify for a tax credit of 65% of the costs incurred.

Transferring the tax credit to Enel X as partial payment for the installation and supply of the hardware means benefitting from a reduction in the total costs for the energy efficiency upgrade without having to recoup the tax credit over ten years in ten instalments as was previously the case: only the amount not covered by the tax credit needs to be paid upfront.

What is a heat pump?

Unlike normal methane-burning boilers, heat pumps use electrical energy to absorb heat from a low-temperature source like the outside air or groundwater. The quantity of heat brought to the indoor environment greatly exceeds the electrical energy expended (up to five times as much under certain conditions), therefore generating drastic cuts in consumption and running costs compared to traditional condensing boilers. Furthermore, some types of heat pump can work in the opposite direction, removing heat from the building and releasing it outside, thus cooling the indoor spaces, where special fan coils must be installed.

Therefore, by upgrading the heating and cooling systems of our homes and condominiums through choosing an efficient, eco-friendly and cost-effective product like the heat pump, we can also contribute to reducing climate change-inducing emissions.

Source: Budget legislation 2018/2019, Tax agency

Resources

Read all the stories of Enel X and discover how the world can become ever more smart and sustainable

STORIES for home

External insulation, a security blanket for your home

This type of energy upgrade not only prevents the loss of heat through the perimeter walls of a condominium and those of individual homes, but also reduces humidity levels and noise pollution. As if this were not enough, it is also one of the interventions that benefits from the significant tax credits outlined in the EcoSismabonus.

focus on circular economy

Circular economy: Enel X’s five business models

The circular economy is founded on five keystones that Enel has placed at the core of its global strategy in order to offers its customers cutting-edge, sustainable solutions: from Demand Response to integrated public lighting and e-vehicle charging systems

Stories FOR CITIES

A basilica of light

Of all the many different art forms, mosaic is probably the one most dependent on light. The great masters of the Middle Ages, rather than laying the tesserae flat, laid them at different angles in order to enhance the way the way they would reflect light.

This site uses profiling cookies, if you continue browsing you consent to the use of these cookies. For more information see our Cookie Policy

ACCEPT

MAYBE YOUR ARE LOOKING FOR...