Home charging: which is better, a dedicated charging station or a wall socket?
A dedicated charging station ensures maximum safety and offers customers additional functions compared with a simple socket, such as:
- the tracking of consumption and the cost of charges
- the possibility to adjust the charging power used (e.g., by reducing power to ensure that other home appliances can be used at the same time)
- the possibility to schedule charging remotely, based on the hourly cost of electricity or other needs, when the regulatory system allows
- real-time information on charging status
- the optimisation of charging coordinated with the electricity generated by the user’s own photovoltaic plant at home.