What is the maximum level of expenditure allowed for projects benefiting from the 110% incentive?
The "Rilancio" (“Relaunch”) Legislative Decree explicitly makes reference to the following cases:
- €50,000 for single-household buildings or for property units situated inside a multi-household building that are functionally independent and have one or more independent access entrances;
- €40,000 for each of the property units that make up a building composed of between two and eight properties;
- €30,000 for each of the properties that make up a building composed of more than eight properties;
communal parts of apartment buildings to replace winter heating systems that can include also the cost for the dismantling and disposal of the replaced system:
- €20,000 for each individual property in a building composed of up to eight residential units;
- €15,000 for each of the properties in a building composed of more than eight residential units;
- single-household buildings or property units situated inside a multi-household building that are functionally independent and have one or more independent access entrances, for the replacement of winter heating systems: €30,000 that can include also the cost for the dismantling and disposal of the replaced system;
- installation of photovoltaic systems: €48,000, albeit within a limit of €2,400 for each kW of the system's nominal power output (this limit is reduced to €1,600 for each kW of the system's nominal power output if the installation forms part of a wider building restructuring project, new builds, or is part of an urban restructuring project);
- installation of energy storage systems: €48,000, within a limit of €1,000 for each kWh of storage capacity;
- Installation of electric vehicle charging infrastructure: €3,000.
Please note: In the case of buildings composed of more than eight properties, the 110% tax credit must be calculated taking into account the various limits on maximum expenditure.
For example, in the case of thermal insulation of opaque surfaces in a building composed of 15 properties, the costs covered by the tax credit are limited to €530,000, calculated by multiplying €40,000 by 8 (€320,000) and €30,000 by 7 (€210,000).